Northern Virginia Kitchen Remodeling companies recommend creating a budget of no more than 15% of the total value of your home when you’re planning a kitchen remodel. If you blow your budget, you can almost guarantee you’ll lose money on the resale. With that considered, it’s hard not to take the time to run a kitchen remodel and install a functional and attractive kitchen. After all, that kind of kitchen remodel offers benefits to newly open space for cooking and suitable space for entertainment.
Take time to consider how long you’ll be in your home, as this will play a role in your plan for your Virginia kitchen remodel.
Improve to Move
If you’re intending to upgrade your home in an effort to sell your house sooner rather than later, then your overall goal shouldn’t be to “wow” potential home buyers. You should be reassuring them that the kitchen you have is in good shape. Whether that’s with the “original” kitchen or the result of a recent kitchen remodel. Here are a few tips to freshen up your kitchen without springing for a Virginia Kitchen Designer.
· Consider new paint and new knobs on the cabinets in your kitchen. A pleasant kitchen redesign is often more effective than a remodel.
· Take a look at the plumbing and the kitchen cabinets. Fix anything that could be loose or broken , such as loose hinges or leaking pipes. It’s easy to turn off a buyer when there are obvious faults.
· Consider a facelift to your kitchen countertops. Virginia kitchen remodels don’t have to be expensive, and sometimes replacing a countertop with a new color is all you need to spice up the kitchen
· If you’re not into a replacing all your kitchen countertops, then consider the install of a new back splash. Creative tile work can add just the right contrast to brighten up a kitchen.
· Replace faucets that leak or don’t seal well, and consider springing for a new kitchen sink. If you’re not sure what the best model would be for your home, consider a consult with a Virginia kitchen designer
· The out-of-sight additions sometimes mean the most. You’d be surprised how many home buyers look for a garbage disposal and check it during a walk through. If your garbage-disposal shakes the house, it’s time to replace it. If you don’t have one, consider picking one up to include it in your new kitchen design.
· Raise your eyes up when you’re thinking about changing the look. Alternative lighting is a great way to change the environment in a kitchen. Adjusting light sources has a major impact on how shadows can mellow out or liven up a room. Consider things like recessed lighting, or track lighting, which is extremely easy to install. Any change in lighting will imbue a lot of extra life, just be sure to consult a Virginia Kitchen Designer on this one, and bring in the aid of a professional electrician.
Spend a little – Make a lot
When considering minor upgrades in your new Virginia kitchen design, keep in mind that minor touch ups won’t cost you much at all. If you’re handy with tools and a good DIY’er then you can squeeze in some fantastic paint and hardware upgrades for less than $150. If you include a new faucet or light fixture in your Virginia kitchen remodel then you may add another $100 to $150 depending on if you install it yourself or not.Spring for a new sink and you could drop somewhere in the range of $1000-$1700.
While this might seem steep at first, a new kitchen design rarely is. The benefit though comes in the sale, when a few thousand dollars in updates and repairs means twice the return. You can’t beat recovering your costs and then some just from bringing in a professional Virginia kitchen remodeling company to act as consultants and point you in the right direction – or do the work for you.