When shopping for Virginia replacement windows, there is more than just price that should influence your decision. Make sure you have the following features (or something comparable) in your replacement windows to ensure energy efficiency and reliability.
1) Make sure your new windows are at least double pane and are reinforced to the frame work.
2) Your window panes should be coated with LoE to help keep harmful UV rays from piercing through the glass. This will also help maintain the temperature in your house, helping reduce energy bills.
3) Argon gas (or something of its equivalent) is probably the most important feature in your window. This property in between the panes of glass will keep the heat/AC in your house and the outside temperature from entering. Your energy bills will look very light!
4) The Tilt feature. Pick a window where the panes can be tilted for ease of cleaning.
5) Ventilation locks will allow you to open your window a small amount, for ventilation and will maintain intruders from opening the window.
6) You are purchasing a better quality window if it is made of pure, virgin vinyl. Recycled vinyl tends to have a shorter life span.
Make sure you pick a qualified replacement window company to install your custom windows. Proper installation will ensure your windows last for a long time.